TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. Definition – In these terms and conditions myweddinghire refers to the company supplying the hire goods whose principal place of business is 76 Hemswell Avenue, Lincoln LN6 0AZ. The hirer shall mean any person, persons, body or corporate entity entering into a hire agreement with myweddinghire for the hire of goods and equipment. “Goods and equipment” referred to in “The terms and conditions” refer to those set out in the hire agreement and shall be the sole conditions of any contract with myweddinghire subject to any addition or amendment which shall be in writing and ratified by myweddinghire.
2. Booking Process – All bookings will be confirmed in writing by post or email and a deposit paid if stated in the hire agreement supplied by myweddinghire. The client must confirm the booking or pay the deposit by the date stated in the hire agreement or the booking will be deemed void. Once the confirmation/deposit payment has been received the booking will be subject to the terms and conditions set out herein.
3. The Period of Hire – (a) The period of hire shall commence with the hirer taking possession of the equipment (whether or not such receipt shall have been from myweddinghire) and shall terminate when equipment is returned. It is the responsibility of the hirer to obtain such receipt for the return of equipment which will represent sole evidence of the return of equipment to myweddinghire.
(b) Where equipment is delivered to or collected by hirer, hirer’s servant or agents such delivery or collection is at the hirer’s risk and expense and the hirer shall be liable for physical loss and damage and delay to the equipment from the time the equipment leaves myweddinghire’s premises until it is returned to myweddinghire’s premises whether or not the equipment is being delivered or collected by myweddinghire or is in the custody of myweddinghire, servants or agents.
4. Equipment & Goods – (a) The hirer will satisfy themselves on taking possession of all equipment and/or decorative item that it is in good working order and in undamaged condition. The hirer’s signature on the rental agreement will be taken as conclusive evidence that such agreement has been satisfied. Any matters relating to the sub standard condition or working of the equipment must be referred to myweddinghire and (if the rental is to proceed) a note endorsed on the hire agreement to be countersigned by myweddinghire.
(b) All equipment on hire remains the absolute property of myweddinghire.
(c) The hirer shall have no authority to transfer or otherwise part with possession of the equipment during the period of hire unless the express written consent of myweddinghire is first obtained.
(d) In the event that the hirer intends to take equipment out of the main land of England, Scotland or Wales or use the same for any abnormal or hazardous assignment then consent must first be obtained from myweddinghire who may at their sole discretion vary the terms of the rental.
(e) All the items which are available for dry hire and are either collected/returned by the hirer or delivered/collected by myweddinghire will require a 25% breakage deposit which is refundable on the safe/undamaged return of the hire goods.
5. Damage or Loss to goods Hired – (a) It shall be the absolute responsibility of the hirer to ensure the safe keeping of equipment/goods and the hirer will indemnify myweddinghire in respect of any loss or damage howsoever caused whilst in the hirer’s possession.
(b) All damage or loss will be notified to myweddinghire immediately (or as soon as practicable) following which the goods must be returned to myweddinghire for repair or replacement should the repair be uneconomic. The hirer may carry out repairs to the damaged equipment/goods with the express consent of myweddinghire. In the event of electronic equipment the hirer shall make no attempt to examine, diagnose, repair or remove the outer casing of the equipment hired.
(c) The hirer shall be liable to pay the full cost of replacement of any equipment/goods lost or damaged beyond repair with reference to new equipment/goods of the same or nearest available specification. If the hirer has paid a breakage deposit it will be put against the repair/replacement costs of items damaged. If the damaged item’s repair or replacement cost is less than the breakage deposit, the hirer will be reimbursed the difference.
(d) In the event of loss or damage to equipment/goods the period of hire will without further reference to the hirer extend until such time as full reimbursement for the cost of replacement of the lost or damaged equipment has been made whether or not such period extends beyond that of the original rental agreement.
6. Liability – (a) myweddinghire shall not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for losses incurred by the hirer due to faulty or non functioning equipment during the period of hire. myweddinghire will however take all steps to ensure that faulty equipment is replaced as soon as possible with either the same or similar equipment.
(b) The hirer will indemnify myweddinghire at all times fully against any liabilities, demands, actions, claims or proceedings arising from or in connection with the equipment hired.
(c) In the event that the hirer’s use with or in conjunction to any equipment hired, any unique or original material or matter myweddinghire shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the loss, damage or imperfection of any such material and the hirer will be fully indemnify myweddinghire in respect of any such claims by a third party.
7. Rental Fees – (a) During the hire period the hirer will pay the rental fee as specified in the hire agreement. In the event of the hire agreement specifying a daily rate then such rate will be charged to the end of the day on which the equipment is returned or collected.
(b) myweddinghire reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee not exceeding the full rental charge under the hire agreement. Cancellations within 30 clears days in respect of the hire date may incur up to 100% of the agreed hire cost as set out in the hire agreement.
(c) All fees under the hire agreement will be discharged at the time of the hirer returning the equipment or with the specific consent of myweddinghire up to thirty days after the date of any invoice subsequently issued.
(d) myweddinghire reserve the right to determine the contract and recover any equipment hired in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency or liquidation of the hirer .
(e) Where the hirer is a body of corporate registered in the United Kingdom, myweddinghire may in their sole discretion require a surety to the hire agreement. The surety hereby agrees to indemnify myweddinghire in respect of all sums due under the Contract of Hire in the event of partial or total default by the hirer company.
8. Payment – (a) Payment for hire goods ordered shall be made at the time of delivery unless the customer shall have been granted a credit account. Such facility shall have been agreed by myweddinghire in writing and the existence of a credit account will be indicated on the hire invoice together with the specific credit period. In the absence of any specific credit period the invoice shall be construed to express a maximum period of thirty days.
(b) myweddinghire reserve the right to add to any overdue balance at the due date an additional sum calculated by reference to 4% per annum above clearing bank base rate for the time being on any outstanding balance accruing on a daily basis.
(c) Where an order made by customers is accepted by myweddinghire and a deposit is paid over by the customer and such sum is agreed between the parties, myweddinghire reserve the right to retain the full amount of the deposit to set against any costs they incur in fulfilling the customer’s order.